The gorgeous curved edges, impressive features and raw power of Samsung galaxy s8 has been in the news when launched. Being an outstanding smartphone, its worth for its price, which also means that people expect the best out of it and would be disappointed if it doesn’t work well. However, unfortunately, technical hitches are a reality of every device. There have been many reviews of the customers regarding the problems they are facing with their phones, so here we have gathered a list of ordinary galaxy s8 problems. Take a look at the solutions Samsung galaxy repair.
- Problem: Poor Battery Life
With every new phone launching, Samsung has been improving its battery life. The customers being huge Samsung fans have always demanded the battery life issue to be fixed. Samsung has solved the problem yet if you face it, there are few ways to alleviate the issue.
- Go to Settings > Device maintenance > Battery, toggle on power saving mode, drawbacks are that it will affect the performance and might disable some functions.
- Also, in Settings > Device maintenance > Battery, find the power-hungry apps and consider uninstalling them.
- Go to the phone app, tap the menu (3 dots at the top right corner) then settings, find Wi-Fi calling, and toggle it off.
- You can also try limiting background data, go to Settings > Connections > Data usage > Data saver.
- Annoyance: Red- tinted Display
There have been reports initially, about galaxy s8 and s8 plus having red-tinted displays. People have reported that they see hazy red at the edges; some have noticed pink tinge as well.
- Samsung released a patch to address this issue. You can find it in Settings > Software update > Download updates manually.
- You can even adjust the color of your display manually by going to Settings > Display > Color balance.
- And even after all this, if it still bothers you then don’t hold back. Get it replaced or get your Samsung S8 screen repaired from Samsung or your carrier/retailer.
- Glitch: Wi-Fi disconnects or runs slow
Some people are reportedly struggling to connect their Wi-Fi, or if it gets connected, it disconnects itself or slows down on some networks.
- Check in settings if the smart network switch is turned off in Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Advanced, if yes then turn it on and then turn it off again.
- The best working hack is to reboot the phone as well as the Wi-Fi router.
- Also, go to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi> Advanced and ensure that you have ‘keep Wi-Fi on during sleep’ set as ‘always.’
- And you can also go to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi> Advanced > Manage networks, tap on the problem network and then tap ‘forget.’ Reboot your phone and router then set connection again.
- For some people reportedly, going to Settings > Connections > Location > Improve accuracy and turning Bluetooth scanning off has worked.
- Glitch: Unable to find images saved in the Google app
There has been a long thread at the android central forum, where people have claimed that they are unable to find the images they downloaded from Google app.
- The first and foremost thing you can do is look in the My Files app and tap Downloads.
- It can happen when you have not given Google app the storage permission in your phone. You can change by going to Settings > Apps > Google and toggle on the storage permission. The images you download will appear in the Download
- You may find previously downloaded images in the Google app, tap More at the bottom left and then Collections.
- Issue: Moisture in Charging Port
So a lot of complaint threads were noticed about getting a “moisture in charging port” message that won’t go away on Galaxy s8 phones at the Samsung’s support forum. It is a security measure kind of feature for preventing any risk of shock or damage to the phone while the charging port is wet. However, it has been incorrectly stuck on.
- First, ensure that you are using the official cable and power adapter came with your phone.
- Try cleaning it with a cotton swab and rub some alcohol.
- Shake your s8 a bit, dry it thoroughly. Leave it immersed in a bowl of uncooked rice overnight. The rice will soak the moisture.
- When you are sure your phone is completely dry, and it still won’t go. Turn the power off of the phone then plug in the charger with the phone again turned off. Turn on the phone.
- When all else fails, reboot your phone entirely after taking a back up. Samsung support will anyway tell you to do the same.
- Then you are left with the last option, i.e., getting your Samsung galaxy s8 repaired or replaced.
Otherwise, you can use a wireless charging pad instead to work around.
- Glitch: App Icon Badges don’t work
Some people found that the app icon badges that show their messages or other notification on a lock screen have stopped working on their phones.
- First, go to Settings > Notifications and ensure that you have enabled the App Icon Badges. If yes then scroll down to see if the app that you want to receive notifications from is toggled on or not.
- Go to Settings > Apps > Menu > Special access > Notification access > Samsung Experience Home and ensure that it is toggled on.
- Problem: Random Reboots
We have noticed many reports from the customers about the random reboots and how it is bothering them. The phone is restarting itself at random, infrequently but a few times sometimes.
- Make sure that your phone’s software is up to date, to check for an update and download go to Settings > Software update > Download updates manually.
- Wiping your cache partition is highly recommended, this could be one of the reasons behind the frequent reboots happening with your phone.
- If there’s a chance of a third party app causing the issue, try turning to the safe mode where you can run the device without the third-party apps. Then uninstall the apps and see if the phone reboots have stopped.
- Try a complete factory reset after keeping a backup.
These are all the problems reported in the forums regarding the issues faced by Samsung galaxy s8 users. Although the phone might have some glitches to fix, it is worthy of its price. If you are one of those people facing these issues with your phone contact the best Samsung galaxy repair NYC to find the solutions to your phones near you.